I recently tried installing SharePoint 2013 and came across a weird issue which stopped the prerequisite installer from running to completion. It complained that it didn’t have access to the internet which was really odd.
I found a workaround for this which I found here was to change some of the settings in Internet Explorer. What I did can be followed below:
- Open IE and go to “www.microsoft.com” and uncheck the prompt which will continue to display pop-ups
- Go to the gear icon -> Internet Options -> Security and open the trusted sites
- now add “http://*microsoft.com” to the trusted site list
- save and close IE
Now you should be able to run the installer without an issue. Enjoy!